September is National Suicide Prevention Month and this month, we are raising awareness of suicide prevention by sharing information and resources from the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline’s #BeThe1To campaign. If you have been following us since the beginning of our cultivate journey, you may be familiar with the campaign already. Throughout the month, we will be sharing the 5 key action steps from #BeThe1To campaign to spread word on how we can all prevent suicide:5
- Be There
- Keep Them Safe
- Help Them Connect
We are kicking off the month by sharing tips on creating a safety plan to help keep you or your child safe. Here are critical components of a safety plan to help keep you and your loved one safe:
- Recognize and list warning signs of suicidal behavior.
- List of coping strategies that work for you and that you can do on your own.
- List of friends or family members who you can socialize with and they can help take your mind off of things.
- Life of friends or family members who can help resolve a crisis or whenever you feel stressed.
- Contact information for mental health professionals or agencies, including the Lifeline number 1-800-273-8255.
- Plan to ensure your environment is safe.
For more information, visit https://www.bethe1to.com/safety-plan/.
If you need immediate help, please call the Lifeline number 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to talk with a trained counselor.