On our third day of gratitude week, we will learn about the science of gratitude and think about ways to cultivate gratitude into our daily schedules. There is no question that when we express gratitude, we feel more positive about ourselves and the people that we are building a strong relationship with. Research has shown that practicing gratitude:
- Helps us connect to something larger than ourselves, whether it is with other people, nature, or a higher power
- Makes us feel more optimistic
- Increases positive emotions for self and others
- Helps us feel more comfortable in expressing concerns with others
- Motivates other people to work hard
What does gratitude mean to you? Who are the people that you are grateful for? Share your response in the comment section below!